I dont do this samm thing but tonight we tried this new recipe and we really liked it. If you like peanut sauce try it out, it's super fast and cheap.
Peanut sauce:
In a small sauce pan combine:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp minced garlic
Heat on medium until sugar dissolves.
Wraps:
Ingredients:
8 {10"} flour tortillas
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
12 oz. chicken breast - cut into strips
1 Tbsp. oil
1 package {4 cups} broccoli slaw
1 medium red onion - cut into thin wedges
1 tsp. ginger - grated
In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil with garlic salt and pepper.
Add broccoli, onion, and ginger to skillet.
Cook and stir 3-4 minutes.
Serve with warm tortillas and peanut sauce.
**I didnt put the ginger in cause I didn't have any (and I discovered Chad doesn't Like it), and it still tasted good.
**I also put some sauce in with the veggies while cooking, I thought it looked dry, worked great!
This sounds delish! Could you add actual peanuts? We did that with a stir fry the other day and loved it. Stir fry is standard in our house. We just like japanese umi noodles with oyster sauce (tastes better than it sounds) and veggies in honey garlic sauce, so this seems like a good way to spice things up. Is broccoli slaw just broccoli cut up? Can I make my own? And what is samm....?
ReplyDeleteSure jen you could add peanuts it would add a nice crunch, or use chunky peanut butter maybe? Broccoli slaw is a mix like coleslaw, it was only like $3/4 at superstore. It has shredded carrots, broccoli, cabbage, can't remember what else, but I think it's easier just to buy. I tried to put up a picture but couldnt do it on my iphone,there isn't any actual broccoli florets in it. you could look it up, the website is www.flipflopsandapplesauce.com and it's called Thai chicken wraps with peanut sauce. SAMM is share a meal Monday,( I thought that's what Em called it but maybe that's my friend Michelle?)
ReplyDeleteThis sounds good. I'll have to try this one out. Tiff, it is Michelle that calls it SAMM :)
ReplyDelete